Top 10 Amazing Facts about Magpies you probably did not knowÂ
01) Â If you think we’ve had a major increase in the magpies in Sweden in recent decades, it is nothing compared to the UK ! There, the number of magpies has quadrupled over the last 35 years ! The increase has been particularly noticeable in suburban areas .
02) Â During the winter is Skatans diet largely vegetarian . During the summer , however, they eat anything invertebrates . During the spring , however, they are pureÂ hunters and looking any breed of singing birds hatched and eggs .
03) Opinions differ about the impact of magpies on nesting birds. Most studies suggest that their impact is minimal , but where magpies have been removed, the nesting success of songbirds improved .
04) Â Researchers believe that the rise of the right bird species have become because so many animals are hit by cars , which gives the birds real birth year.
05) Â Return to the UK ; where the increase of bird species has become a whim of troubling problems that both the government and individuals have begun putting out traps to capture the birds, so that the latter can eliminate them.
06) Â In the past, there was a bit of a tradition in rural areas to raise his hat every time they saw a magpie. But thanks to the bird overpopulation and Hats’ extinction is no longer someone who does this.
07) Â The magpie actually look considerably larger than it actually is. The reason is that the rear springs takes up about half their body size, as tricks the eye.
08) Â You can find magpies in principle across the whole continent. Everything from southern Spain and Greece up to Lapland . However, they have so far not managed the feat to populate some islands such as Corsica, Sardinia and Iceland .
09)Â Couples usually remain in their familiar territory, but the non-nesting magpies moves happily in a greater extent in small flocks.
10) Â However, it is extremely rare that they move more than 10 km from the place they were hatched.