Today slamming it! Finally it’s time for a new edition of the European Football Championship – this time in France! We Swedes are completely charged and naturally hope of advancement from the group stage! Today we also know that this is the covenant captain Erik HamrÃ©ns last championship, then he will transfer the role of governing for the European Championships. How far do you think Zlatan Ibrahimovic and company go? Here we offer some warming of just European Championships until kick-off takes place! Go Sweden!
Top 10 Facts about the European Football ChampionshipÂ
01) Â In March last year founded the UEFA Foundation for Children Â in an effort to enable young people to benefit from football’s role in society. European Football ChampionshipÂ 2016 offered 20 000 match tickets to organizations working with vulnerable groups in France. Each host city will have 2000 tickets to distribute, which will help preserve the magic of football and give hope to those who need it most.
02) The Â yearÂ 1980 was a major championship for the Germans , who then became the first country to the second time to lift the trophy! It wasÂ Horst Hrubesch who made both goals for Germany in the final against Belgium .
03) As we know, Denmark won the European Football Championship once. This was when it was in Sweden in 1992 . But in fact, they really did not do, but because of the war and misery in Yugoslavia , which actually had qualified, the Danes got instead take their place – and won everything!
04) Â What was really so special final match between Italy and Yugoslavia at Euro 1968 ? Well, the game had to be replayed after a tie at 1-1 . Italy won the second match by 2-0 and thus became European champion.Â
05) Â In this year’s edition of the European Championship will for the first time will be 24 teams with. Since 1996 , there has always been only 16 teams .
06) Â France is hosting the European Championships for the third time overall – which is also a record !
07) Â The entire five times the finals went to an extension (1960, 1968, 1976, 1996 and 2000).
08) Â Are you ready to take you down to France to watch football LARP ? If you are lucky you might manage to get hold of a pair of tickets! The cheapest will namely only cost 25 euros , and will be available in 43 of 51 matches.
09) Â The country that has played the most number of matches in the European Championship is Germany . The Germans have played all 38 games . Close behind is the Netherlands at its 32 games and then we find Spain , with 30 matches .
10) Â Portugal is the only country that has been in the finals and lost when they have been the host country .