Fire is the phenomenon that occurs when a gas undergoes a concentration controlled, exothermic chemical reaction involving oxidation (combustion) of a combustible substance, in a technical context referred to as fuel.Â Heat from the reaction contributes to the gas mixture and the combustible substance and oxidizer, but by definition, the temperature is so high that the temperature no longer guiding for the reaction. Combustion takes place thus in the interface between the oxidant and the combustible material (glow) or combustible gases (flames, fire).
The combustion of carbon-containing, liquid or gaseous substances provide flames that lit strongly of black body radiation from microscopic soot particles while the combustion of hydrogen, for example, provide transparent, faintly luminous flame.Â But enough of the boring, here’s instead of ten facts you should know about the fire!
Here, Top 10 Interesting Facts about Fire You did not know
- Anatural gasinÂ Iraq, called forÂ eternity fire, has burned continuously sinceÂ 4000 yearsÂ back in time.Â Eternity fire has among other things mentioned in Herodotus, Plutarch and the Old Testament book of Daniel.
- No one knows who invented the popularhydrantswhich usually can be spotted in the US (see picture below).Â The reason no one knows who is responsible for the invention because theÂ patentÂ was destroyed – ironically in aÂ fire.
- In2004died overÂ 300 peopleÂ in a fire in a department store in Asuncion, Paraguay. The whole thing had never had to happen, but the owner was afraid that customers wouldÂ run awayÂ with the goods, andÂ lockedÂ because all the doors so no one couldÂ get outÂ .
- Two years earlier,in 2002, burned15 schoolgirlsÂ inside Mecca, Saudi Arabia.Â The reason was that the state’sÂ religious policeÂ did not consider women decent and IslamicÂ properly dressedÂ to have to leave the building.
- Accidents can easily happen, but sometimes maybe we can predict an accident in advance.In1985Â used the Philadelphia police in the United States a helicopter to drop two bombsÂ on a house during an armed conflict.Â The bombs ignited, however, aÂ fire that killedÂ 11 peopleÂ and destroyedÂ 60 homes.
- A singlefire hydrant in San Francisco survived a massiveearthquakeÂ in the year1906Â and could thus support the firefighters to save the Mission district.Â In memory of the event that took place the fire hydrant since 1906 been painted in aÂ gold color.
- DuringWorld War II,sentÂ JapanÂ overÂ 9000 “fire balloons”Â to North America.Â Full1000Â of them managed to get to its destination, killing a total ofÂ sixÂ Americans.
- Nowadays, most fire stations in the United States apolethat the firemen slide down, but before that had all the fire stations instead of aÂ spiral staircaseÂ down.Â The reason that it was just a spiral staircase was becauseÂ the horsesÂ – which at the time ran fire equipment – had learned toÂ walk upÂ the stairs straight.
- On August 19 in1980began aÂ Saudi planeÂ to catch fire shortly after takeoff.Â The plane did however manage to get to the ground unharmed, but when firefighters arrived at the plane and opened the doors had already allÂ 301 passengersÂ died from the smoke.
- California, USA, is often affected states when it comes to especially forest firesÂ .When fire personnel is insufficient,Â imprisoned menÂ to help with firefighting.
Also Read:Â Â Â 10 Interesting Facts about Body You Probably did not Know